Thursday, June 28, 2012

D'BANJ WANTS TO WIN A GRAMMY

D'banj and Grammy Award winning rapper, kanye West


What 32 year-old D'banj said:


I’m so excited – not just for me, but for the whole of Africa’, he says. ‘Two years ago I said it’s time for me to take my music global because I’ve won all the awards back home.’ With his mentor, the producer Don Jazzy, he created the biggest record label in Nigeria, but ‘now I want to win a Brit award, a Grammy’.
Yes, we have MTV, yes, we sell millions of records and have endorsement deals, but we’ve never felt as if we’re part of the same music industry as the rest of the world – the Kanye Wests, the Adeles and Tinie Tempahs,’ he continues. ‘I see what I’m doing now as the bridge that we’ve been looking for from Africa to the mainstream world.
I want others to see the potential in my country, other than our oil and natural resources. That’s what’s making me move. I feel like a new artist.’
Brother, here at toptennaija all we have to say is: "Aint no mountain high enough!"

No comments:

Post a Comment