Saturday, June 30, 2012

USAIN BOLT BEATEN AGAIN!!!

Blake - the beast - beats Usain Bolt


Usain Bolt beaten by USA's Tyson Gay

iIt was the Jamaican olympic trials and just like he did before, World's fastest man went down...call it a terrible flop at the blocks, but with Blake - the man known as the beast - winning the race in a time of 09:75 seconds?
Blake shouted:
“Nine-point-seven-five - it's awesome,''
 “I won the world championship, so I've got that. Now, I'm the national champion for Jamaica, so I've got that. And now, I go into the Olympics like this.”
Blake is the reigning world champion but Bolt didn't run that night in South Korea after being disqualified for a false start.
This was their first rematch - their first ever real race since.
Bolt was considered the favourite, not only because of his world record - 9.58 seconds - but because Blake, his training partner had never run below 9.84 in his life. Now he has. The 9.75 seconds goes down as the best time this year and also breaks the four-year-old National Stadium record; both marks were 9.76 - both held by Bolt.
Always the toughest part of the race for the 1.93m defending Olympic champion, Bolt lumbered out of the blocks this time and had to make up heavy ground simply to get in the mix.
Usain Bolt said afterwards that someone near the start line was bothering him, beginning with the semi-finals, where he also made a bad start.
In Bolt's words:
“I had to ignore it,” 
“I had trouble getting out, but I kept feeling like I could not give up.''
Asafa Powell is the 3rd Jamaican to make it to the Olympics, after finishing in 9.88.
In the women's 100m, defending Olympic champion Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce won in a Jamaican record 10.70 seconds, with Veronica Campbell-Brown in second and Kerron Stewart in third.
Campbell-Brown provided the surprise at last year's trials when she finished fourth in the final and didn't make the 100m field.
She ended up winning the 200m at trials and the Olympics and is very much in line for a double this time, as well.
"I don't like to go back in the past,'' Campbell-Brown said. "I'm just thankful for what I have today. I got my spot in the 100m. I'm happy for that.''
According to Blake and Bolt's coach Glen Mills, 
"Blake came into this race in far better shape than Bolt".
“We're right where we want to be, going into London,'' 
“We just want to keep them healthy. That's the key.'' Mills concluded.
But there are two more days of racing left. It starts tonight with heats in the 200m, the race Bolt has always considered more his “job”, while the 100m is more like a hobby.
It was widely believed Blake might provide a better challenge to Bolt in the 200m because he holds the world's second-fastest time at 19.26. Bolt's record is 19.19. The 200m final is scheduled sunday 1st july 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment