Sunday, June 3, 2012

Williams, Arizona - ROAD TRIP



Friday, I had the opportunity to drive up to Williams, Arizona for work and honestly didn't know what to expect since I've never been there.   Friday morning it seemed to be the longest drive ever with my love/hate relationship with the 1-17 and no cell phone service.  After almost a 4 hour drive,  I was thrilled to get out of the car and explore this quaint town. The Chamber took me to lunch at this lovely restaurant called Pine County.  GREAT FOOD!  Amazing pies!   I also enjoyed the decor and gift shop.  They just had the cutest signs.



During my stay, I was able to chat with a lady that worked for the Grand Canyon Railway.   I didn't even know the railroad existed.  She informed me of the amazing journey you can take on the Grand Canyon Railroad.  It's about a 2 hour ride.





 Hmmmmm....this could be something fun for when friends come to town!!   I really enjoyed my time in Williams and loved how everyone was so welcoming including the Mayor!  He was a jolly guy.

The pin they gave me!

After my day in Williams, I headed south back to Phoenix. Sheeshh.. it was a long day of driving but it was totally worth it.  I look forward to my next visit to this quaint town.

No comments:

Post a Comment