Friday, June 8, 2012

New Feature: Let's Talk Friday

I was browsing my email when I saw Lauren Conrad's latest post Ladylike Laws: The Roommate Rules. I went and read it on her blog and was inspired to start a discussion feature on my blog.

So, I decided to start a new feature called Let's Talk Friday to discuss a topic for that week. Depending on my schedule or my inspirations, this feature might not go up every week, but when it does, I hope everyone will participate in the discussion!



This week's discussion is inspired by Lauren Conrad's post (obviously, lol). I want to talk about Do's and Don'ts in relation to roommates. Please note: The following are my opinion. I am in no way an expert about this topic.

Do's
  • Wash your dishes after every meal.
  • Flush the toilet after using it.
  • Ask before taking anything that doesn't belong to you - even if the person said it's okay to do it anytime.
  • Be aware of the noise level if you're having guests over.
  • Check in with your roommates when you plan to have a get together.
  • End the party by 10pm to allow your roommates some peace and quiet to sleep.
  • Turn on the overhead fan in the kitchen when you are cooking.
  • Socialize occasionally, maybe have movie or game nights.

Dont's
  • Leave any door unlocked - especially the front door.
  • Go into your roommate's bedroom without permission.
  • Eat someone else's food unless you all decide to share.
  • Leave your clothes lying around in the bathroom if it is shared.
  • Wash your pets in the bath tub or the bathroom in general if it is shared.
  • Be a slob and leave sanitary products wide open in the bathroom trash can if it is shared.
  • Leave dirty dishes on the sink for more than an hour.
  • Have guests over constantly.
  • Smoke inside especially if one or more of the roommates explicitly expressed opposition to it.

Overall, as Lauren mentioned in her blog post, BE RESPECTFUL.

So there you have it. My Do's and Don'ts when you are sharing a place with people. What are YOURS? Did I forget something?

P.S. Do you like the banner?

No comments:

Post a Comment