Friday, June 15, 2012

Happy 39th Birthday NEIL PATRICK HARRIS

Ooh ooh!!! One of my most favorite tv personalities celebrates his birthday today! I actually thought he was older than me but what the heck! He's cute and a great actor and I love him! Toink! :o)

"I am quite proud to say that I am a very content gay man, living my life to the fullest." – Neil Patrick Harris

Born June 15, 1973, Neil Patrick Harris made his debut at 15 when he starred opposite Whoopi Goldberg in Clara's Heart, a role in which he received a Golden Globe nomination. The following year, he became a household name playing the title role in the TV sitcom Doogie Howser, M.D which ran for four seasons wherein he again received a Golden Globe nomination. Since then, Harris has appeared in films and TV movies, as well as on stage, such as Rent and Cabaret. 

Years passed and Neil's career somewhat fell silent and his popularity remained in the United States. He appeared in supporting roles on the big screen in such films as Starship Troopers, The Next Best Thing and Harold & Kumar Go to White Castle. He also starred as a neurotic editor opposite Tony Shalhoub in the NBC sitcom Stark Raving Mad. Harris also appeared on Broadway in Proof, Assassins and  Rent, as well as a critically acclaimed performance as the host in Cabaret. However, in 2005, he landed the role of Barney Stinson on How I Met Your Mother and is once again launched into the worldwide market. Harris is openly gay and the father of twins. 

Neil hails from Albuquerque, New Mexico. The son of attorneys grew up in Ruidoso, New Mexico, where he got his start in acting as Toto in a grade school production of The Wizard of Oz. In La Cueva High School, Harris kept on appearing in several plays and musicals.
Acting Career

Throughout the 1990s and 2000s, Harris earned acclaim for several made-for-TV movies, including My Antonia, Joan of Arc and The Christmas Blessing. He landed another sitcom success in 2005 with his role as the womanizing Barney Stinson in CBS's How I Met Your Mother. In addition to his work on How I Met Your Mother, Harris has enjoyed great success as the host of Broadway's biggest award show, the Tonys. He has served as the event's master of ceremonies three times—in 2009, 2011 and 2012.

Harris is openly gay and is engaged to actor David Burtka. He came out and publicly announced his sexual orientation in 2006, making a statement in People magazine: "I am quite proud to say that I am a very content gay man, living my life to the fullest."

In August 2010, the couple announced that they were expecting twins via a surrogate mother. Neil and David became parents in October of 2006, to twins Gideon Scotr and Harper Grace.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment