Thursday, June 30, 2011

Advice Column #1

me-advice.jpg

Dilemma: I really like this guy. We started hanging out two months ago. I have a ton of fun with him and his family but I am afraid of screwing things up. I am also afraid that he won't feel the same way. He laughs at everything I say and tends to touch me and joke with me a lot. You know how us girls start to make simple things a big deal when we like someone. Lastly, him and his family are going with us to vacation in Europe. I'm scared!

Dear European Traveler:
   First of all, when things get "screwed up" in a relationship, it's not just one person's fault. "It takes two to make mistakes in a relationship." I truly believe that quote because in my one and only past relationship, we both did things that obviously made the other upset. We both could have fixed things but chose not to. Bottom line, if things don't work out, don't blame yourself.
   Now, as far as where this is going, I'm not sure how you approach guys, but I personally just wait until they make a move. Hints aren't going to cut it. Guys (as well as girls) can't leave it to the other person to assume how they feel. If he really likes you, he would find a way to tell you and maybe pursue something more than friendship.
   As with the laughing and joking, that's pretty normal. The touching, I think that's a bit more cultural. Not sure about your culture, but in some, it's pretty normal.
   Lastly, going to Europe with both of your families, that can put a little bit of pressure if you want it to. But if you just act natural, and relax a little bit, things would be okay. Just focus on enjoying your vacation and less on analyzing him. It's much more fun that way in my opinion.



Quote of the Day: "I will listen to more than the words being spoken to me... listen for the heart expression... search out their meaning, and then speak from my own heart." --Dance While You Can

No comments:

Post a Comment