Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Personal Demons Review

As you all know, I've met and chatted with author Lisa Desrochers and bought her first book. You can check out the interview here. Please note that this review is in no way biased.

Entertaining, hot, sinful!

Personal Demons was something I probably would have never read if I hadn't met the author herself. Now, I am so glad I got to meet her and read the book. This book is so much fun! :) Below is an outline of the things I liked (and didn't like) about the book.

  • I love all the puns! I think authors try to avoid puns in their books, and since this book totally broke that unspoken rule, I found it so clever that someone can think of these puns and use it in a story.
  • I love this quote: "He may need to cheat, but I don't. No power, just charm." It shows Luc's arrogance but I think it's quite adorable :)
  • I love the rivalry between Luc and Gabe! It's pretty much like a typical rivalry except with magic which makes both of them so much hotter :)
  • I love when Luc seethes. It's so entertaining how much he despises Gabe and wants to "send a blast of Hellfire down the hall into his back" :)
  • Reading Luc's thoughts make me want to sin with him!
  • (dislike?) I didn't know angels can say "shit"... Overall, I think Gabe seemed like a nice guy with powers. Not necessarily angelic except that he shines so bright and his house is white all over. Other than that, he was just a regular guy with a good heart. In my opinion, a good heart doesn't make you an angel, Frannie is an example of that.
  • SPOILER ALERT: Oh my gosh, I had a feeling that Luc was going to fall in love with Frannie, but I didn't think it would actually happen. But it's cute that it did. The "change" was totally unexpected, though.
I hope this review was helpful and enjoyable :)

No comments:

Post a Comment