Monday, July 18, 2011

Lisa Desrochers Meet & Greet + Interview



I was so excited to meet Lisa Desrochers even though I didn't know who she was, besides that she was an author. I just felt so special being there around her :) Anyway, there was a little group chat and I took notes and videos! First, here are some written interview questions and answers and some fun facts for you all :) (Note: The written answers are paraphrased by me. If Lisa Desrochers is reading this and you feel that I misinterpret your answers, please let me know.)

Is the Personal Demons trilogy like the Twilight series?
Lisa: Personal Demons is for the Twilight crowd. It is like Twilight with a soul. The difference is the substance that Personal Demons have.

What got you interested in writing about angels and demons?
Lisa: I wanted to write about urban fantasy. The band Saving Able also inspired me because it reminded me of Cain and Abel from the bible.

How long did it take for you to write Personal Demons?
Lisa: They wrote themselves in 6 weeks.

Did you have to do any research for this trilogy?
Lisa: I did research on lore. Writing books like these doesn't have to be factual. I just twisted the lore and created a story out of it. I wasn't super serious about my research.

Why should we read your book?
Lisa: You should read it to get a point of view of the supernatural.

Fun Facts: 
  • Lisa's daughter designed the Personal Demons tattoos :)
  • The first ever book Lisa wrote was for her daughter as a surprise birthday gift.
  • The second book Lisa wrote is the best book she's ever written and is pending to be published.
  • Personal Demons was the third book Lisa wrote and it was originally meant to be a stand-alone book...until she was told that it was going to be a trilogy
And now here is the video from the event!

I hope you all enjoy this post!!

P.S. I am almost finished reading Personal Demons. I can't put it down!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment