Sunday, July 24, 2011

American Mall Model Search

Yesterday, July 23, 2011, I received a call from a woman named Stephanie saying that I am one of the entrants that they were considering for an audition. I told them I would do it so they scheduled me for today at 3:45pm.

I got there and there was a photo shoot going on and we didn't get checked in until after 4:00pm. During the check-in process, they gave us a nice card with three script options that we needed to memorize. I memorized these lines: "Do you have a passion for fashion? Check out what's hot and what's not... at the American Mall Model Search."


We were called up on stage and we did slating first. What that means is we state our name, age, and where we were from. And then we said "Lights, camera, action!" and then recited the script we memorized. Last but not least, we walked the runway. Wow, I was so nervous but I was able to project confidence and strut my stuff so to speak.

GOOD NEWS: I was one of the finalists that was chosen!
BAD NEWS: They wanted me to pay to do the photo shoot. $150 (3 payments of $50) for one outfit, 15 digital photos. I walked away. I didn't want to pay and I didn't have time anyway. I was just glad I got the experience to do it. :)

Sorry I didn't get any pictures. My friend couldn't get a good shot where she was standing.

No comments:

Post a Comment