Friday, July 22, 2011

Saved by the Toaster Oven!

An hour ago, I had an epic fail, and no, I wasn't talking about Twitter taking away all my following/followers, although that was quite epic, too - for a second.

Anyways, I was talking about my bad luck in cooking. I didn't think you'd like to read a novel (I know I don't) so I'd recount the story in bullet points ;)

  • Last month, I made lasagna - fail. It overflowed in the oven onto the oven floor and burned the floor during the process. Thankfully, the lasagna was edible, but it was far from perfect.
  • Tonight, I was kind of bummed that I need to really budget and stop buying things I don't need - makeup, makeup, makeup.
    No, that is not my body, haha
  • I decided to make some cupcakes. I was excited to make my mini cupcakes. I started warming up the oven when I was halfway done filling in my baking cups.
  • I had put in the cupcake pan and then I smelled something burning. The oven floor was smoking, making the entire house smell like it's burning. The baking had to stop.
  • My cupcakes won't cook! Plan B. I didn't have one.
  • I thought, maybe the toaster oven can cook it. Great! One problem: The cupcake pan doesn't fit.
  • I had to do what I had to do: I took each baking cups out of the pan and into an aluminum foil inside the toaster oven. Some of the cups were too full (another fail) so I had to put a second baking cup under so it won't spill and make an even bigger failure.
    Wouldn't it be cool to have a pink one?
  • Finally, here's the finished product:



I think it came out pretty good despite of everything. It tasted pretty awesome, too. Even the edges that tasted like it's been smoked on the grill, haha!

Hope you enjoyed this post!

Quote of the Day: "Even when everything seems to go wrong, don't give up. Something is bound to come your way - like a toaster oven." :) --Me

No comments:

Post a Comment