Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Acting Adventures: Two Films, One Weekend

This past weekend was absolutely amazing for me. I felt like a real working actor, except I didn't get paid a single penny for my work ;)

On Saturday, I went to San Diego to film a short movie called "The Devil Was Only Free on Sunday." It was written, produced, and directed by Adam Hersko-RonaTas. He was a 16-year-old high school student who had  his parents teaching at the university I'm attending.

WOW.

He was the most professional and passionate filmmaker I've so far met in my life. He had the fancy lights and everything to make the film possible. His vision was so clear and he was very patient and fun to work with. I truly believe he will go far.

In the film, I was a not-so-nice wife to a suicidal man. Whew, let me tell you, it was not easy. We had to do several takes just to get it right. I had trouble being genuinely mad. The outtakes made for hilarious bloopers though!

I only had one picture from the set but I will definitely post the movie when he sends it to us.

My husband
On Saturday night, I saw one of the filmmakers I'm working with post a status calling for extras for the next morning's shoot. Little old me volunteered and then found out the shooting was at 9:30am. What is wrong with me?

So, on Sunday, I got up early, still wondering why I volunteered. When I got there, it was great. I was bored most of the time, but I felt important because I was an extra. Without me, the film would have been incomplete. At least that's what the other filmmaker said who also played an extra alongside me :)

Check out a couple photos I took with my phone during lunch time, break time, and shooting time.

Manny Cardeiro plays the "Jerk"
Cassie Chase plays the nerdy love interest
The sexy cast and crew :)
Overall, the past weekend was so much fun! I totally enjoyed working with professionals. I hope I would continue to work with them in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment