Sunday, January 22, 2012

Gossip Girl Season 5: End of the Affair

Teardrops...

I was seriously crying in this episode! I tried to hold it back, I promise! Chuck and Blair's story is just so sad. Kind of cliche but still beautifully sad.

"The End Of The Affair" GOSSIP GIRL Pictured Leighton Meester as Blair Waldorf PHOTO CREDIT:  GIOVANNI RUFINO/THE CW © 2011 THE CW Network, LLC.  All Rights Reserved.

"The End Of The Affair" GOSSIP GIRL Pictured Leighton Meester as Blair Waldorf PHOTO CREDIT:  GIOVANNI RUFINO/THE CW © 2011 THE CW Network, LLC.  All Rights Reserved.

The episode started out with Chuck and Louie thinking that Blair is having an affair. Who would have known those two would ever work together? The worst part was that they thought the guy Blair was having an affair with was Dan. Well, Dan loves Blair but I'm pretty sure from the last episode, he already decided that Blair needs him more as a friend.

"The End Of The Affair" GOSSIP GIRL Pictured (L-R) Hugo Becker as Louis and Ed Westwick as Chuck Bass PHOTO CREDIT:  GIOVANNI RUFINO/THE CW © 2011 THE CW Network, LLC.  All Rights Reserved.

"The End Of The Affair" GOSSIP GIRL Pictured (L-R)  Leighton Meester as Blair Waldorf and Penn Badgley as Dan Humphrey PHOTO CREDIT:  GIOVANNI RUFINO/THE CW © 2011 THE CW Network, LLC.  All Rights Reserved.


The flashbacks to the night of the accident and the moments that came after that were so sad. Blair really thinks that Chuck would die if she decided to go and be with him. "Just because we can't be together, doesn't mean I won't love you." That is the sweetest, saddest quote ever.

Serena is seriously in love with Dan. It's all in her eyes and the way she acts around him. She's so pretty :) Dan should totally get back with her, they were good together. Dan deserves someone who would really care about him and love him, and unfortunately, Blair is not that person.

"The End Of The Affair" GOSSIP GIRL Pictured Blake Lively as Serena Van Der Woodsen PHOTO CREDIT:  GIOVANNI RUFINO/THE CW © 2011 THE CW Network, LLC.  All Rights Reserved.


I was SO EXCITED when Gossip Girl revealed herself to be the person texting Nate. I knew it was her! Either that or it was Charlie. I'm so glad Charlie is gone, by the way. But I'm even more glad that Gossip Girl is not giving up. She will come back next episode, I just know it. The show won't be what it is without her after all.


Finally, the real Charlotte Rhodes finally turned up. I hope she's not another witch in the upper east side. I like her better than the one pretending to be her. At least her voice isn't messed up :)

By the way, I think I've become a Vera Wang fan after this episode. That dress is BEAUTIFUL.

No comments:

Post a Comment