Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Beauty Guest Post: Little Ramblings

Today, we have the awesome Mary from Little Ramblings!

Hello, everyone! I am so excited to be a guest blogger for Arianne Cruz! I am the blogger behind Little Ramblings. I blog about anything fashion, makeup, and beauty related. Today, I came up with a fun nail look that I hope you enjoy!
 Every once in a while, I get tired of wearing just one color on my nails. In the past, I have spiced it up a bit by adding glitter, but even that seems to have lost its luster. In order to overcome my boring nail slump, I got a little funky with it. I took two colors and created a slightly different design on each nail. It was almost like giving myself a modern art homework assignment. At first, I was just going to do half of each color on each nail, but then I decided to take it one step further and intentionally design the nails so they would not be monochromatic. Here's what I came up with using two of my favorite blue polishes: NYC Skin Tight Denim Creme and China Glaze For Audrey. 




 I love how well these two colors work together and how great the colors look against silver. A silver clutch, bracelets, and/or rings would add the perfect touch to this edgy nail look. After painting my nails and playing around with accessories, I noticed that the colors seem to follow together from one nail to the next. A complete accident, but one I am glad to have made.  Although this design is rather simple to achieve, it definitely adds dimension and style to not only your nails, but to your whole outfit. I'm looking forward to trying this look with other colors that are similar or even complete opposites. Imagine this look using black and white polish!What funky nail design are you rocking these days? What designs have you been wanting to try out?
Make her feel welcome by leaving a comment or question for her :) Also, don't forget to visit her blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment