Friday, February 24, 2012

Random Blogger Tag - Jen Ryland

I confess, I didn't know what this tag was called so forgive me if the title is lame ;)

Anyway, thanks to Jen from Jen Ryland/YA Romantics for tagging me and saying sweet stuff about me, hehe. Check out the questions and my answers below!

Favorite Food, Flower, Color
Food: I have a severe sweet tooth. I know it's bad but sometimes, I'm just a slave to chocolate. I love fatty foods. I wish I didn't but my mom didn't force me to eat veggies when I was a kid, lol.
Flower: I love tulips. I've never actually received them in real life but I love them. I also love lilies; I think they are beautiful. I also like peonies because of Blair from Gossip Girl. There was another flower I like but I forgot what it's called, so I must not like it as much!
tulips in spring
This is actually my desktop wallpaper in my laptop :)
Color: PINK, duh ;) I also like purple, black, white, silver, sometimes green, etc.

Do you eat while you read?
Well, given that I read just before bed, not really. Especially when I'm reading a great book, I don't want any distractions.

Characteristics a book need to be in your TBR
I thought I'd make a list just like Jen :)

  • PROPER GRAMMAR - this is the most important
  • Compelling story - it has to be interesting enough for me to want to read it
  • Unpredictable - I'm very good at predicting what will happen next, so if a book can confuse me in a good way, then it deserves to be in my TBR
  • Intensity - I say this with the Hunger Games in mind :)
  • Humor/Romance - it should either be funny or romantic
Favorite TV shows or movies recently
I try to make time to watch my favorite shows online (since I don't have cable) but if I don't have time, there really is only one show that still exists in my must-see list: THE VAMPIRE DIARIES. I cannot miss an episode or I would feel incomplete ;)
Just like Jen, I am also looking forward for the Hunger Games movie. I expect to be on the verge of tears the entire time, if not all out crying :D As for recent movies I like, I would say Killers starring Ashton Kutcher and Katherine Hiegl. Check out my review of the movie here.

Ever read a book that made you hate the day Gutenberg created the press?
No, not really. I mean I've hated trying to read a book but not the time that press was invented.

What ways can you recommend for people to have access to great new books?
I would say enter lots and lots of giveaways in other people's blogs if you are a blogger. That's what I do and I discover so many great authors and books that way. Of course you have to be diligent in entering if you want to actually have a chance at winning.

Worst way to be interrupted while reading a book
Pretty much everything in life, haha! Going to school/work, eating, sleeping. Haha, I just want to read but those things get in the way.

Do you judge a book by its cover? BE HONEST!
Pfft... yeah... *blush* I'm totally guilty. But I've proven that some great books don't necessarily have great covers, maybe because the author is self-published or some other reason along that line. There are also books with great covers but the book was very painful to read.

Paranormal or Fantasy?
I'm not a book pro so I'm still struggling differentiating the two. But I guess paranormal is what I read most right now.

What do you do when you aren't reading or blogging?
Living my life - going to school, work, doing homework, eating, sleeping, trying to workout and then pig out right after (fail), and catch up on other people's blogs and see what kind of good stuff they have posted :)

How many books can you read in a week?
I'd be lucky if I can finish one book in a week.

There you have it, folks :) If you'd like to do this tag, leave your answers in the comments or do your own blog post and leave me a link to it! Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment