Thursday, December 8, 2011

The Vampire Diaries: Fury and Dark Reunion Review

This book is definitely not the same as the TV show... I can't imagine how they made the TV show the way it is and still keep the title "Vampire Diaries" when it barely parallels the book. Either way, they are both great :)
WARNING: SPOILERS!!!

The Fury

I KNEW Katherine did not die! I mean, I keep thinking about the TV show and it had to somehow have some truth in it. When I read this book, I knew it was an owl that was the enemy. But I didn't know it was Katherine until just before she was revealed.

This book was intense. Katherine is even crueler than in the TV show. She's a little crazy, too. She has a child-like air that has a lot of excess power and menace. She is the most dangerous "power" in Fell's Church. Not even Damon can take her on.

Did I mention Elena became a vampire in this book? Crazy, huh?! Elena's life was cut short in both ways, however. Vampire Elena died after killing Katherine. Elena, however, didn't turn to ash because she was a newly turned vampire. It was some kind of rule in the vampire world. The older you are, the more likely you will turn into ash. So, I wonder, what else could the next book have if Elena is already dead???
Elena: Stefan's hands aren't cold either.
Bonnie: Stefan?
Elena: Be sensible, Bonnie. You don't get to be a vampire by yourself. Somebody has to make you one.
Dark Reunion

This book was even crazier than Fury. In this book, Elena visits Bonnie in her dreams and trances. Bonnie finally accepted her powers from the last book and is now utilizing it whenever she would like. The dreams still bother her because of the nature and the ending in them.

Bonnie, Meredith, and Matt did a summoning spell that called Stefan back to Fell's Church after Sue Carson was "murdered" in Caroline's house. Long story short, Stefan came back, and Damon followed him. Damon. He's so charmingly dangerous. I love how he's so misunderstood in the book as well as the TV show.

Vickie didn't deserve her ending. She was brutally "murdered". By who, you ask? Who else? Klaus. Duh, he's an original, he can't be killed. Katherine got too arrogant thinking she could kill Klaus.

I love Stefan's pretend menace in this book. It was cute, but I knew he wasn't really cruel. He was quite believable, though!

Tyler turned out to be a werewolf, but he doesn't turn into a complete wolf. His transformation is half human, half wolf. How gross is that?!

My favorite part of this book? When Damon came and "saved" Stefan from Klaus. His brotherly love was showing, even when he continues to deny it. It was so adorable!
Stefan: I know exactly what I am. Believe me, Tyler. I know. Is everybody ready? Good. Hold on to him, he's going to jump when I do it. (Stefan was going to ax Tyler's leg)
Stefan: "We are not a team. You are a bunch of stupid humans! Even with everything that's happened to you, deep down you just want to live your safe little lives in your safe little houses until you go to your safe little graves! I'm nothing like you and I don't want to be. I've put up with you this long because I had to, but this is the end. I don't need any of you. I don't want you with me, and I don't want you following me. You'll only spoil my strategy. Anyone who does follow me, I'll kill."
Damon: "Get. away. from my brother!"
 The ending was CRAZY!!! You HAVE to read the book to find out what it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment