Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Favorite Books I've Read in 2011: Morganville Vampires

I was talking to a fellow blogger, Stella from Beautysmartie03 and she suggested that I make a list of my top 10 books for 2011.

Okay, so far, I've read 56 books, not including shorts and some erotic books. It's hard to pick just 10 so I decided to pick all the top books I liked which came up to be 12. I decided to do this as a series so as to not crowd my posts too much. It will also allow me to talk more about the books :) Check out the first one below!

Morganville Vampires series by Rachel Caine


The top is U.S. version and the bottom, I believe is U.K. Correct me if I'm wrong :)


This series has been so amazing to me. Every book I've read delighted me. They made me laugh, sympathize, and even fall in love. Rachel Caine is a truly gifted author. It would be a dream come true when I meet her one day. Now, let me talk a little about the characters in the series.

Claire was the youngest and smartest human in Morganville. She started out as this fragile girl in college...until she ended up in the Glass House in the first book. As the book progressed, she became braver and stronger. I don't blame her; living with vampires would definitely toughen you up if you actually survive.

Michael was already half-dead when he was introduced in the series. As his frustration grew when all his friends got in trouble, he finally made a life-changing decision when he asked Amelie to officially make him into a vampire. This transformation continually caused problems, especially in book 10, Bite Club.

Shane was another human that lived in the Glass House. He loved to get into fights because of his father, Frank Collins. His father was a drunk and violent father, which forced Shane to learn how to fight to survive. Shane was also Claire's boyfriend. They're so cute together!

Eve was the goth wannabe of the book. Despite her goth appearance, however, her personality was the opposite. She's such a good friend to everyone. Did I mention she's also dating Michael? Oh, and they got engaged in Book 10, Bite Club. I'm excited to read Book 11, Last Breath but it probably won't be until next year when I can either win it in a giveaway, or save enough money to buy it used.

Myrnin was the crazy, foolish, vampire scientist of Morganville. He started out sick and insane until they found the cure. Now he's just insane. He's so adorable, though! He wore vampire bunny slippers and he had the craziest outfits imaginable.

Amelie was the ice queen of Morganville. She's very powerful but rarely did she show it. The first time I've seen her power was in book 10, Bite Club. I love how powerful she is.

Oliver was Amelie's second-in-command and he hated it. He'd tried many times to overthrow Amelie but to no avail. Oliver was dangerous and he was the reason Michael was half-dead in the beginning of the story. I love how Oliver was starting to show a little of his humanity when he's around Claire, Shane, Eve, and Michael.

Frank Collins was Shane's dad. He's cruel and insane. Later in the story, he was made into the most hated thing in his life: a vampire. He wasn't vampire for long, though. In book 9, Ghost Town, he was resorted to just a brain in a jar, thanks to Myrnin.

As you can see, this series is a whole lot of crazy, a little romance, and a whole lot vampire. If you haven't read it, go to the library and check it out! Or buy it from www.gohastings.com or www.bookdepository.com if you want your own copies! If you decide to buy, make sure to get the bound books. I think they are better than the individual ones.

To check out my reviews of these books, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment