Saturday, December 3, 2011

Bite Club - Morganville Vampires Book 10 Review

It's been a while when I last read Ghost Town. I was so excited to receive Bite Club in the mail, I dove right in and read it!

Bite Club was focused on the "Immortal Battles" phenomenon that secretly organized in Morganville. It was really sad when Shane was glamoured and he refused to acknowledge it. He was destructive. The protein shake that they gave him, I knew there was blood in it. What else could it possibly be in a vampire world?

Claire, poor girl, she was mostly heartbroken in this book. I could feel her pain and her anguish towards Shane and everything else that was going on in town. The conflict between everyone, even the ones that she wasn't involved in directly (Miranda and Gina), got to her and frightened her. Yet, living in Morganville for a few years had made her stronger than she was. I am very proud of her for that.

Eve didn't make as many appearance in this book. I feel like her role is becoming smaller as the book progresses. But I have a feeling that her and Michael will have a bigger role in the next book, Last Breath :)

I love Michael! He's so righteous and I can totally understand why Shane had some secret spite against him. But really, Michael is perfect. Even when Shane was pounding on his face, he only laid there and didn't fight back. He took the pain and the bone-crushing blows because he loved Shane. How amazing is that?

Myrnin was still crazy and I still loved him. He was just the most adorable vampire ever.

Everyone that read the Morganville Vampires know how powerful and influential Amelie was. In this book, I was pleasantly amazed when she actually exerted her power and she barely tried. The creepiness surrounding her at certain moments in time were the most admirable thing to me.

Oliver was still crazy but a different crazy than Myrnin. He'd always wanted war and when he got it, he was so full of himself and weirdly happy. Only Oliver, right?

Kim was the girl that bugged a lot of places in Morganville in a previous book. She was sent to jail. In this book, she was brought back and she escaped. She really was insane. I wish Amelie or Oliver would just eat her already.

Bishop is dead. Yipee!

Gloriana was the glamour queen. Glad she's dead, too.

And now, my favorite quotes and scenes :)

Shane quotes:
"Mike! Yo, Dead Man,  get your ass down here."
"I didn't know fencing was a contact sport. I thought it was more, you know, a pretend sport. Like golf. Or competitive eating."
Michael quotes:
"One of you is supposed to be somewhere right about now. I'm just saying that, not in a dad kind of way."
Eve quotes:
"Well, crap. No fair using vampy speed."
"Everything gets better with pancakes. It's a law of the universe."
Myrnin quotes:
"I'm ancient. I'm not deaf."
"Please don't run. I'm not in a good mood. Better if you just sit still."
"Harry. Do decide what you want to do. I'm hungry, and if you're going to cooperate, please indicate it immediately, before I assume you're not. I'd hate for you to be trying to utter a dying declaration and be unable to do so."
"Tell that police lady to stop chasing me. Really, I'm not that bad at this." 
Claire and Myrnin scenes:
C: "I thought you didn't need me today."
M: "In fact, I didn't. And now I do. Please."
C: "Thanks for saying please."
M: "I do try to be polite. Now, do get a move on."
C: "I said we didn't need you. And you said you didn't want to help. So you don't have to come with us."
M: "I never said I wanted to!"
C: "Doesn't matter what you say. You're not coming."
M: "Why not? Provided I had any desire, which I don't."
Eve: "Where do you want me to start? You're nuts, and you just told us you're not interested in saving Shane and Michael. So why should we bother with you? What's the point?"
M to C: "And you don't think you need me?"
C: "If you go, you do exactly what we say. And no running off to Amelie."
M: "I don't like that last bit."
C: "You don't have to. Take it or leave it."
M: "I'll take it, then. Stay here. I will get my things."
Eve: "Things? He has things?"
C: "Probably lots of them. He invents them in his spare time."
Claire and Oliver scenes:
C: "It's blood. Is it going to make you go all crazy and bite me?"
O: "Do you go insane with hunger when you see an old, decaying hamburger on the ground next to a trash can?"
C: "No... That's disgusting."
O: "Then let me assure you, the idea of ingesting that filthy, contaminated blood has no appeal to me whatsoever."
Have you read any of the Morganville Vampires books? How do you like it? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment