Thursday, November 17, 2011

Sookie Stackhouse Book 3 Review

Poor Sookie.

Sookie had been hurt and scared too many times in this book. She even got staked! Seriously! She's a human! That's not supposed to happen!

Anyway, she also helped "put away" a dead werewolf and killed a vampire. That's not something that happens to any human on a regular basis. Along with the craziness, she also got loads of Eric's blood while Eric...enjoyed himself.

On the other hand, there was the werewolf Alcide. Oh my Were, he was sexy and delicious and WARM. That's something Sookie needs. Wouldn't you agree that she is better off with a werewolf? At least they breathe and they can keep you warm, not to mention Alcide is adorable!

Basically, Alcide and Sookie met because Alcide's father owed money to Eric. Knowing Eric, he would milk the opportunity when it suits him. So, Alcide and Sookie went to Jackson to try to locate and save Bill. Bill on the other hand supposedly betrayed Sookie. Tsk tsk. I really didn't feel for Bill in this book. It was all about Eric. He was a blonde, hottie viking, and super strong! Who wouldn't want him? Oh yeah, Sookie.

I also loved Bubba! He was adorably dumb. He had no brain and according to Sookie, he follows directions literally. I can't help thinking how cute he might have looked like though when Eric gave him instructions.

After all the pains that Sookie went through, towards the end of the book, she just wanted to be alone, which was why she rescinded both Bill AND Eric's invitation to her house. I LOVE how humans in this book can rescind their invitations! :)

Now, on to my favorite quotes/scenes:
Eric: "Sookie, you need a shower."
Sookie: "What?"
Eric: "Your hair is dirty, and your breath could knock down a horse."
Sookie: "Not that I care what you think."
Eric: "Go get cleaned up."
Sookie: "Why?"
Eric: "Because we have to talk, and I'm pretty sure you don't want to have a long conversation in bed. Not that I have any objection to being in bed with you...but I'd enjoy it more if I were with the hygienic Sookie I've come to know."
"Eric rubbed his cheek against mine. He was like a cat in his enjoyment of contact."
Sookie: "Your girlfriend won't be crazy about this."
Alcide: "She lives in Jackson, as a matter of fact. But we broke up a couple months ago. She took up with another shape-shifter. Guy turns into a damn owl."
Sookie: "So, if you marry another werewolf, one of your kids will be a werebaby?"
Debbie: "How do you like that birthmark of Alcide's?"
Alcide thinking to Sookie: "It's on my right butt cheek. It's shaped like a rabbit."
Sookie to Debbie: "I love bunnies."
Sookie: "Thank you, Eric."
Eric: "For what?"
Sookie: For standing by me in the club. For coming here with me. For not leaving me alone with all these people."
Eric: "How grateful are you?"
Sookie: "That kind of ruins it, when you say something like that. You shouldn't want me to have sex with you just because I owe you."
Eric: "I don't really care why you have sex with me, as long as you do it."
Eric: "If they see you, don't run. Just don't say anything. Nothing. Not about me, or Sookie, or Bill. Nothing more than 'Hi, my name is Bubba.'"
Bubba: "Hi, my name is Bubba."
Eric: "Right."
Bubba: "Hi, my name is Bubba."
Eric: "Yes. That's fine. Now, you sneak, and you be quiet and invisible."
Bubba: "Yes, Mr. Eric. But after that, I gotta go find me some food. I'm mighty hungry."
Eric: "I don't like having feelings."
Bill: "My Sookie hid a corpse?"
Eric: "I don't think you can be too sure about that possessive pronoun."
Bill: "Where did you learn that term, Northman?"
Eric: "I took 'English as a Second Language' at a community college in the seventies."
Bill: "She is mine."
I wonder if my hands would move. They would. I raised both of them, making an unmistakable one-fingered gesture.

No comments:

Post a Comment