Wednesday, November 23, 2011

The Hunger Games Review

Beautifully Sad and Vividly Enthralling!

Now I see why so many people love this book. OH. MY. GOODNESS. I could see EVERY SINGLE part of that arena. It was like I was there watching over Katniss's shoulders. It was amazingly written.

Katniss was such a strong young woman, she was an inspiration. I really wished she really did feel something for Peeta though. Until the very end, she didn't realize that Peeta wasn't acting about being in love. It was true all along. I just wish she didn't have to break his heart. :(

Peeta wasn't memorable if not for his love for Katniss. He wasn't very strong or competent in the games, but he was great in camouflaging. It was pretty cool to find out he survived however many days there were, half dying by the stream, hidden from sight. I thought that was extremely awesome. And then the incident with the berries. He was so ignorant, it was cute and fatal. Good thing he didn't think to taste those dang berries!

The Capitol is extremely cruel. They find entertainment in watching young individuals KILL each other and DIE. The Gamemakers are sick. I totally understand and support Katniss for wanting to rebel against them. And that stunt with the apple in the pig's mouth was amazing. Serves those Gamemakers right! I hope in the upcoming books, or even the last book, Katniss would be able to take down the Capitol and resume a peaceful existence in a real world that isn't defined as a dystopia...

And I hope her and Peeta would end up together!!! (If you've read all books, please don't spoil it for me in the comments! ;-) But I'd love to hear your opinion on the books!)

As for the upcoming movie, I'm extremely curious how they would portray a book that barely has any dialogue in it for 90% of the book... I saw the trailer, it was fascinating for sure, especially now that I've read the book :D

One of my most favorite part? When Peeta confessed his love to Katniss during the interview. I just about exploded!

Now, favorite quotes/scenes!!

Peeta Quotes:
"No, don't let go of me. Please. I might fall out of this thing."
"Yes, and I'm sure the arena will be full of bags of flour for me to chuck at people."
"Okay, now laugh as if I've said something funny."
"Someone ought to get Haymitch a drink."
"Tell me, do I still smell like roses?"
"Yes, frosting. The final defense of the dying."
"Remember, we're madly in love, so it's all right to kiss me anytime you feel like it."
"Katniss? How about that kiss?"
Katniss and Peeta Scenes:
Katniss: "Trust me. Killing things is much easier than this. Although for all I know, I am killing you."
Peeta: "Can you speed it up a little?"
Katniss: No. Shut up and eat your pears."
Katniss: "Here, cover yourself with this and I'll wash your shorts."
Peeta: "Oh, I don't care if you see me."
Katniss: "Well, he probably used up a lot of resources helping me knock you out."
Peeta: "Yeah, about that. Don't try something like that again."
Katniss: "Or what?"
Peeta: "Or... or... Just give me a minute."
Peeta: "So now that you've got me, what are you going to do with me?"
Katniss: "Put you somewhere you can't get hurt."

No comments:

Post a Comment