Sunday, September 25, 2011

Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr Review

It's a faerie tale.

This book didn't catch my attention as much as I would have liked. I've heard so many good things about Melissa Marr and I was a bit disappointed when I was reading this book. I wasn't excited to finish this book. It didn't get interesting until Aislinn was almost accepting Keenan's test. I felt like the story just dragged on and on until Aislinn realized she had no choice but to accept.

My favorite parts though were when Aislinn was demanding things from Keenan. She definitely was not intimidated by the fact that he was king. That was really awesome.

The ending of this book was interesting. I like how Keenan and Aislinn were the Summer King and Queen but they weren't bound to each other. They both loved another and it was nice that they were free to be with those they truly love and were not obligated to be with each other, other than two friends ruling a kingdom.

Favorite scene:

"Don't fuck with me. Don't go near my Grams or Seth. That's the first thing we need to get straight if we're going to talk at all."
"Oh?" He did step back then. Aside form Donia and Beira, no one took that sort of tone with him. He might be a bound king, but he was still a king.
Trapped. She trapped me. He paced to the window and watched his queen leave with her mortal lover. Now what do I do? 
I thought the second quote was so funny. Keenan sure was quite a powerless king when it comes to Aislinn :) It was so cute...

Overall, I don't think I would buy the rest of this series. What I might do though, is borrow the books instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment