Monday, August 1, 2011

The Host by Stephanie Meyer Review

Wow.

Some of you might know that I am not a big fan of the Twilight Saga that Stephanie Meyer was so famous for. So, you could understand my prejudice about "The Host," expecting it would be another Twilight phenomenon. Honestly, it took  me about 3 days to get to reading this book. And it took me a long time to finish it as well, given it has more than 600 pages!

When I finally overcame my prejudice, I gave the book a chance, and I was so glad. The book was amazing! I felt like I lived along with the survivors the way the author described everything. It was as if I was there with them, inside the host body.

Oh, and are you curious about the cover? I didn't get it at first. But the more you read into the book, the more you understand the cover. The cover reminded me of Strigoi in the Vampire Academy series. You know what I'm talking about if you've read that series.

If you are a bit prejudiced like I was, or you are unsure about how this book would turn out, give it a chance. It really isn't half as bad as you might think if you're not a big Twilight fan. On the other hand, if you are a Twilight fanatic, do not expect this book to be the same. Totally different and extraordinary. I'm so glad I read it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment