Friday, August 26, 2011

LUSH Sugar Babe Review

I received this sugar scrub as a gift from Anna. She was kind enough to send them to me when she went to LUSH to get something for herself. Check out my thank you video here.

I used this scrub today as the last part of my shower. The LUSH website has a "How To Use" section so I made sure to read that first.

HOW TO USE
Wet your skin in the shower or bath and rub a sugary scrub all over your body, then rinse. Do not get the scrub wet under running water or it will melt before it has had a chance to health and smooth your skin. As you rub on your body feel the scrub work its sugary magic, leaving you with bright, smooth and healthy glowing skin.

I followed the instructions thoroughly. I made sure the shower was off so the scrub won't melt. I proved it to be really true when after I used it, I definitely made a dent on the scrub. I predict one or two more uses before it is completely gone. Since I don't have a tin can for it, I just put it back in the bag it came with.

My Verdict:
This scrub is AMAZING! My skin felt so soft afterwards and I felt renewed. That's definitely something I won't mind having periodically in my shower. I love the smell, too. It's not overpowering. It smells the same as how you smell it before you use it. It's amazing! I was a bit worried when I read in their website that it has coconut oil because I don't like coconut. But I didn't smell any hint of coconut and I was so happy :)

I would definitely repurchase this. Maybe not in the near future but I definitely will. If you know of any substitute for the amazing LUSH products, let me know. Otherwise, I would just have to save for it and buy in bulk :)

Creamy sugar scrub.
Sugar Babe is a gentle alternative to the intensity of Sugar Scrub. It's a mix of sodium bicarbonate and cream of tartar, which makes it sound more like a cake than a cosmetic, and moisturizing coconut oil.
Made with Fairtrade sugar; created by Ro.
It's scented with perfume made from ylang flowers and mimosa blossom, so that we can all smell sensational, too. Become a sweetly smelling Sugar Babe (without all the arguments).
Coconut oil
When applied topically, coconut oil can reduce the symptoms associated with psoriasis and eczema, as it gives a natural balance to the skin.

Beeswax absolute
It is known for its soothing, protective and antiseptic properties and is still used in medicine today. We use around 4kg per year, at a cost of approximately $4000 per kilo.

Have you tried this scrub? What did you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment