Saturday, October 22, 2011

Shadowland by Alyson Noel - Immortals Book 3

Frustratingly Genius!

Alyson Noel made Ever so annoyingly ignorant that you can't help but admire her. It made me so mad every time Ever made what it seemed was the wrong choice. Yet, I had to remember she was still a teenager, which means she would make so many mistakes despite her being reincarnated for centuries.

Poor Damen, I seriously don't know what he was up to, why he did everything he did. That was such a big confusion for me in this book. I'm not sure if that's something I like. Up to the end of the book, I had no idea what Damen was thinking, what his intentions were. That was frustrating.

Jude was like a guy that was too good to be true. It was like he was so good and then a flash of the Ouroborous tattoo and suddenly he's bad? And then Damen says he's not exactly bad unless (insert condition here). Confusing much? All I know was that, just like Ever, it was hard for me to trust Jude. I wonder if he will come back in the fourth book.

I couldn't trust Ava either. It was like this book was just a bunch of confusing elements. Then again, that's exactly how Ever felt. The only one she (and I) could fully trust was Damen, sweet old Damen.

The twins were apparently human again with their powers dormant? Even that was confusing.

Despite all the confusing twists and turns of this book, I enjoyed it. I just hope Ever somehow grows up in the next book and makes the right decision before Damen dies and everyone else turns into an Immortal and loses their soul forever.

Some favorite quote and scene:
"Ever, I can always sense when you're near."
Damen is seen sitting in a "mammoth-sized SUV" parked next to the spot for Ever.
Miles: "What the hell? You give up riding the bus so you can drive a bus instead?"
((Damen and Ever speaks through telepathy))
Haven: "You're doing it again. You know, you're whole, weird, pseudo telepathy thing."
Miles: "Who even cares about that? Damen's driving a bus!"
Haven: "Is it a bus or a mom car? Whatever it is, one thing's for sure, it's tragically middle-aged."

No comments:

Post a Comment