Sunday, October 30, 2011

Sara Brookes Interview + Free Reads (Must be 18 to Read)


I was so happy when Sara agreed to be interviewed. Check out her answers below. I love her responses!

What inspired you to write adult books?

I started reading mainstream romance novels when I was a teenager, and I always found myself frustrated when the sex scenes only seem to go so far. I’ve got a pretty vivid imagination, but I always wanted just that little bit more. Real life doesn’t stop or become vague in the bedroom, so why should a book?

Do you get to input your thoughts on how your book covers turn out?

I’ve been fortunate enough my publishers have given me some fabulous artists for my covers. Most of the time, they’ve nailed it out of the gate and there hasn’t been any need for adjustment. If I feel as if the cover doesn’t reflect the story inside, I can speak up and let my opinion known but fortunately, I haven’t run into that too much.

Do you write multiple books simultaneously? How does that work for you? Does it get confusing?

Yes, I do. I learned how to compensate for when I would get stuck on a story I was working on. Instead of floundering away on it because I’m stuck, I’ll move on to another work in progress and spend some time with it. Then I can come back to the original one a few weeks later with a fresh outlook on it and usually pick right up where I left off. It’s not a technique for everyone as it requires (at least for me) a copious amount of note taking to keep things straight.

Do you have a clear picture in your head (like a movie) when you write your books?

Oh boy, do I. It makes writing sex scenes quite interesting. LOL

Do you ever take a break?

Most people who know me will tell you I don’t. I am a workaholic, so I’m always doing something in regards to writing, even if I’m not physically writing new words. There’s always some kind of promotion work that needs to be handled.  

Do you do (physical) book tours to meet your fans, sign books, etc.? I’d like to meet you one day!

I love to meet any of my readers! Right now, all my books are only available in eBooks, so it’s hard to do a book tour without a physical book. Hopefully, one day, I’ll have some books in print. I do plan to attend a convention or two in 2012 where readers can meet their favorite authors. I’m still finalizing the details, so keep an eye on my website for more information as it becomes available.  

Speedy Questions:

-What is your favorite brand and flavor of coffee?

Lion Coffee in Honolulu, Hawaii. Their Kona is to die for. You can go to the roasting facility on the island and buy it direct.

-What is your favorite action movie?

This answer probably changes weekly, but Raiders of the Lost Ark.

-What is your favorite video game and what console do you use?

I mainly stick to my Xbox360 because I’m still obsessed with Dragon Age: Origins a few years after its release for single player. But hubs and I have been known to keep late hours playing Call of Duty: Black Ops when we both are in the mood to game. We’re a gaming family, with about a half a dozen game systems—including my original Nintendo and original Playstation.

-Do you have a favorite chocolate brand?

If it’s chocolate, it has my attention. But, really, I don’t need the expensive stuff. Just a plain old Hershey’s chocolate bar makes me happy.

-Do you eat sushi? If so, what is your favorite to order?

I love sushi, but find I’m more apt to order sashimi with yellowtail and tuna being my absolute favorites. That’s actually my celebration dinner when I have a new release, so I’m looking forward to having it in November and December!

Thanks so much to Sara for granting me with this amazing interview! Leave comments or questions for her below and make sure to visit her website.

Sara's Free Reads (6-14 pages each)
Broken Harvest - this is a short based on her series Rebirth

Sara's Latest Releases:
 

No comments:

Post a Comment