Saturday, October 29, 2011

A Rogue of my Own by Johanna Lindsey Review

This book is so entertaining!

Rupert is such an interesting rogue as well as a wonderful son. He loves to tease his mother "out of the goodness of [his] heart." He's adorably infuriating when he's around Rebecca and simply the most attractive man in her eyes.

Rebecca is a strong-willed and intelligent woman. She was raised with a tutor as opposed to going to one of those schools everyone goes to. She is very close to her mother and she has proper manners. Just don't provoke her and she will definitely not back down.

Rupert and Rebecca together is like a war. They constantly fight every chance they get to the point that it got so funny because Rupert was merely jesting, yet Rebecca was infuriated. I guess it comes with being pregnant. It was interesting that the book took place in a matter of about 2-3 months. I absolutely loved it and would love to read more books from Johanna Lindsey!

My favorite quotes/scenes:
"Aren't you the impatient one. You don't want to simply bask in my undivided attention? I'm wounded, 'deed I am."
"Enjoy every bite of that meal. It cost me five bloody pounds."
Rebecca: "You've already slept the entire day. Why not take over for Matthew now?"
Rupert: "You really think I could sleep with your eyes devouring me all day?"
((pause))
Rupert: "Get some sleep yourself. You'll need to be at your best tomorrow, too....And keep your eyes off my arse."
Rupert: "It's an appalling shortcoming of mine that I toss about so much in my sleep that I used to fall out of bed occasionally. Of course it never happens when I have a soft bedmate beside me, which tends to lure me in the direction of warmth even while I'm asleep. But since that isn't usually the case here, to keep from waking the rest of the family when I hit the floor, I've found this a safer position for my bed."
Rebecca: "You don't need to be that convincing! Save your seductive smiles for your legion of conquests. I won't be one of those, so a decent smile will do, thank you."
Rupert: "That WAS a normal smile, Becca. If you don't believe me, turn around and I'll show you the difference."
Rupert: "Damn. Have you been stuffing yourself with desserts just to prolong the suspense?"
Rebecca: You've found me out at last. I'm merely going to give birth to a pastry."
Rupert's mother Julie: "I see your taste is still beyond flamboyant. You're a bloody peacock, Rue."
Rupert: 'He actually looked behind him as he replied, "I thought I had my feather tucked away nicely."

No comments:

Post a Comment